Saturday, April 28, 2012

Amir Khan's - Lagaan



I adore Indian Films! I adore Amir Khan and I super Love this patriotic movie. The story is about a young man who fought for his tribe's freedom from paying taxes. When I say "fought" I don't mean blood and swords. Instead, he challenged the British Colonizers in a form of a game-cricket. The wager? If they win, they shouldn't be paying taxes or lagaan for 2 years. If they lose, then they have to pay lagaan 3x. His tribe's men thought he was crazy and was leading them to more burden. They were so pessimistic that they would win since they don't even know how it's played. But with Amir's (character) dedication and optimism, he convinced his people that they can do it.













 I suggest you watch the movie for you to know more about it.

I would recomment this to everyone since it manifests heroism and patriotism. It reminds me of how our ancestors fought against the colonizers just to give us our freedom.









Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment